Smoothies are one of those things that just work in every situation. Whether it’s cold or hot, whether you want to lose or gain weight, a good smoothie will give you exactly what you need. If you have a blender, all you need is a base such as milk, yoghurt or water and then throw in some fruits, or vegetables if you want to make a delicious treat. Cherries are some of the most popular fruits that are used in smoothies because they are loaded with nutrients and they are delicious as well.
This article will look at some of the benefits of adding cherries to your smoothie apart from the taste;
1. Low calories and high fiber content. If you are looking to shed a few pounds, one of the best ways is to replace meals with
healthy smoothies. Cherries contain a lot of fiber so they will keep you feeling full for a long period and they are very low in calories. Use water as a base instead of dairy products to enhance digestion and metabolism.
2. Better sleep. Cherries are a great source of melatonin which helps to regulate sleep/wake cycles. By consuming these royal
fruits every day, you get to sleep better and wake up well rested the following day.
3. Lower blood pressure. Cherries are rich in potassium just like bananas. People who take a banana and cherries smoothie often will likely have good blood pressure because of the high potassium intake.
4. Boost immunity. Cherries also contain a lot of vitamin C and beta carotene which are good in improving eye sight, strong eyes and immunity. When your immune system is strong, small infections and viruses cannot come near your body.
5. Deals with inflammations. Conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis are caused by inflammations. Cherries have antioxidants and other properties that deal with such inflammatory conditions and stop them before they get worse. This means that cherries can also lower your chances of getting cancer especially colon cancer.
6. Cherries are also known to help repair achy joints and overworked muscles after a long workout. A cherry smoothie is the best way to recover after working out because it’s refreshing and easy to take.
7. Help gain weight. People who have trouble gaining weight can use cherry smoothies to add some calories on top of regular meals.
Most people don’t have the time or the desire to eat as much as is required to gain a 1000 calories per day. However, if you add high fat yoghurt, milk, protein powder and some nuts to a cherry smoothie, you can get the required amount of calories per day.
Examples of Cherries smoothies
1. Dark cherries, banana, yoghurt smoothie.
2. Cacao, cherries, yoghurt and protein powder.
3. Cherries, melon, apples and bananas.
4. Cacao powder, walnuts, cherries and banana.
5. High fat Yoghurt, milk, walnuts, cherries, protein powder.
Cherries have reportedly been a valued fruit for famous people since the Roman emperor and Henry VIII. Since their season coincides with the hot summer weather, it is a perfect way to get refreshed during the day and get a burst of energy thanks to the plethora of nutrients contained therein.